El Cortijo® Manchego is an intense-tasting sheep’s milk cheese with a crumbly texture that is perfect for eating alone or with a slice of bread. Complex and elegant, the flavors and fresh aromas of Manchego are reminiscent of flowers, nuts and lavender. El Cortijo® Manchego is a true D.O.P. (Denomination of Origin) regulated cheese made only from whole milk of the Manchega sheep raised in central Spain's "La Mancha" region.
- Delicious with olives, sun dried tomatoes and crusty artisan bread
- Great for snacking
- Add to a salad along with Granny Smith apples, chives, smoked almonds, olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- Serve as part of a tapas platter with Spanish Jamón, green olives, crusty bread and dulce de membrillo
- Pair with Marcona almonds and honey for a dessert course
- Ribera del Duero
- Bronze: 2010 World Cheese Awards
- Gold: 2009 World Cheese Awards
- Bronze: 2009 World Cheese Awards
Available in these Sizes
El Cortijo® Manchego Wedge | 7-9 oz. (random weight)
El Cortijo® Manchego Wedge | 8 oz.
El Cortijo® Manchego Wheel | 2.2 lb. (random weight)
El Cortijo® Manchego Wheel (aged 3 months) | 7 lb. (random weight)