Le Brin is a supple farmhouse-style cheese that is traditionally produced in the Rhone-Alps region of France. Despite its reddish-orange rind—a typically tell-tale sign of highly aromatic washed rind cheeses—Le Brin is delicately subtle with a rich and buttery flavor accented by sweet, buttery, softly yeasty notes. Its edible bloomy rind gives it a slightly gamy aroma with appealing hints of sweet nuttiness.
This mild cheese is produced in a hexagonal shape and contains a velvety-smooth spreadable paste that melts in the mouth. Le Brin makes a decadent dessert when paired with fruit and pairs well with sweet wines.
- Makes a convenient snack; works nicely in lunch boxes
- Compliments salad well, especially when coupled with nuts
- Makes a fabulous dessert cheese served with fruit
- Adds delicate flavor to sandwiches
- Spreads nicely over toast points
- White Burgundy
- Cabernet Sauvignon
Available in these Sizes
Fromagerie Guilloteau™ Le Brin Wheel | 2.2 lb. (random weight)