Cheshire cheese is thought to be England’s oldest cheese, made in Cheshire, England since the 11th century. Ilchester® Cheshire gets its unique flavor from salt deposits that permeate the pastures used by the area’s cows. The cheese has a crumbly, yet silky texture with a wonderfully full-bodied, fresh and slightly tangy flavor. Ilchester® Cheshire cheese’s fresh flavor pairs well with fruits and nuts and adds great flavor to egg dishes.
- Pair with apples, pears, grapes, apricot, dates and walnuts for a rich dessert plate
- A traditional ingredient in Welsh Rarebit
- Perfect in baked foods and egg dishes for a burst of flavor
- Crumble over romaine lettuce topped with tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers and red peppers
- Works well in poultry dishes
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Brown Ale
Available in these Sizes
Ilchester® Cheshire Wedge | 7-9 oz. (random weight)
Ilchester® Cheshire Wheel | 5 lb.