Ilchester® Red Leicester cheese is favored for its versatility and can be used as a substitute for almost any recipe that calls for a rich Cheddar. This orange beauty has a slightly nutty taste and a firm texture that crumbles easily. Red Leicester is traditionally used in Welsh rarebit, but it also works well in grilled cheese sandwiches and baked pasta dishes.
- Traditionally used in Welsh rarebit
- Use to top a baked potato
- Melt it in a grilled cheese sandwich
- Use as a substitute for any recipe that calls for a rich Cheddar
- Add to macaroni and cheese and other hot dishes
- Serve with fruits like apples, pears and plums
- Pinot Noir
- Pale Ale
Available in these Sizes
Ilchester® Red Leicester Wedge | 7-9 oz. (random weight)
Ilchester® Red Leicester Wheel | 5 lb.