Liederkranz® is an American-made, surface-ripened specialty cheese with a distinctly strong aroma and unique, full-bodied flavor. DCI is pleased to bring back this time-tested favorite of cheese connoisseurs after a 25-year hiatus. An American cousin to Germany’s famed Limburger cheese, Liederkranz® cheese has the same texture and unique aroma, but features a distinctively robust and buttery flavor. Its moist, edible, golden yellow crust cradles a pale ivory interior with a honey-like consistency. It pairs particularly well with dark bread and dark beer and is enjoyed as an appetizer, on salads or sandwiches, or with fruits.
- Makes the perfect appetizer for guests who appreciate stinky cheese
- Serve on dark rye with onions and mustard
- Pair with fruits
- Silver: 2015 World Cheese Awards
- 2nd: 2013 United States Championship Cheese Contest
- Bronze: 2012 World Cheese Awards
- 3rd: 2012 Wisconsin State Fair
- 3rd: 2011 Wisconsin State Fair
- 3rd: 2010 American Cheese Society
Available in these Sizes
Liederkranz® | 6 oz.