DCI Cheese Company granted seven awards at World Championship Cheese Contest
Seven of DCI Cheese Company’s (“DCI”) specialty cheeses were awarded prizes at the World Championship Cheese Contest (“WCCC”) held last week in Madison, Wis. Of these winners, five received the prominent distinction of “Best of Class”. This year’s contest received a record 2,504 entries from around the globe, ranking DCI’s award winners among the finest cheeses in the world.
DCI’s Best of Class product offerings include the following:
- Salemville® Amish Gorgonzola is a savory, slightly piquant cheese that is made in small batches by a Wisconsin Amish community. Milk comes from local farmers whose herds of four to twenty-five cows are hand-milked twice a day. This rBGH-free treasure is well loved for its earthy flavor, rich and creamy texture, and beautiful, consistent veining. This is Salemville Amish Gorgonzola’s second WCCC award. It originally gained widespread fame by winning “Best American-Made Blue Cheese” at the WCCC in 2000.
- il Giardino® Aged Mandarini Provolone, a bold Italian classic that is perfect for shredding over pasta dishes.
- Alexis de Portneuf™ Bleubry™ which marries the best attributes of soft and blue cheeses to produce a delicately smooth and creamy texture with a delightfully temperate flavor.
- DuVillage 1860™ Lady Laurier d'Arthabaska® is a soft, surface-ripened cheese with a bloomy rind. It offers a rich, creamy and unctuous body with subtle floral notes.
- Danamark® Havarti which is regarded for its pleasantly sweet and mild flavor, rich and buttery aroma and decadently creamy texture.
Danamark Havarti with Dill placed second in its category. It is best recognized for its well-rounded combination of supple, milky flavors with the slight tanginess of dill.
Landana® Goat Cheese Mild was granted a third place award in its category. This cheese is naturally ripened and features a pleasantly mild flavor.
All of these award-winning cheeses are available for purchase at select retailers nationwide. Retailers interested in carrying these items can contact a DCI sales representative by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1.800.782.0741 for more information.
About DCI Cheese Company
Richfield, Wisconsin-based DCI Cheese Company has been an innovative leader in the cheese industry since 1975. The company markets and sells a broad range of imported and domestic specialty cheese brands including il Giardino®, Joan of Arc®, King’s Choice®, Nikos®, Organic Creamery® and Salemville®, among others. DCI’s value-added products can be found in restaurants, grocery stores, club stores and specialty shops across the country. For more information on DCI Cheese Company and its portfolio of brands, visit www.dcicheeseco.com.