DCI Cheese Company launches nine new specialty cheeses
New items include highly anticipated line expansions and exclusive, award-winning cheeses
DCI Cheese Company (“DCI”) is pleased to announce expanded product offerings for its Nikos® and Landana® brands and the addition of select cheeses from the Alexis de Portneuf™ and DuVillage 1860™ lines. All of the new items are available exclusively through DCI and can be found in select retailers nationwide.
- Nikos fetas are made in Wisconsin by Certified Master Cheesemakers and feature a soft and crumbly texture and a pleasantly mild, slightly tangy flavor. Nikos Crumbled Fat Free Feta, available in a 6 ounce cup, allows health-conscious consumers to enjoy traditional, full-flavored feta without the guilt. Nikos Feta in Brine, available in a 4 pound pail, extends the brand’s Mediterranean-styled offerings to discerning foodservice customers.
- Landana Red Pesto is a Dutch gouda-styled cheese crafted with tomatoes, oregano and garlic to yield a robust flavor profile. This colorful, eye-catching cheese is available in 7 ounce wedges in re-sealable parchment bags.
- Alexis de Portneuf Bleubry™ marries the best attributes of soft and blue cheeses to produce a delightfully temperate flavor that is not too salty and a delicately smooth and creamy texture.
- Crowned Best Cheese in the World at the 2009 World Cheese Awards, Alexis de Portneuf Le Cendrillon™ is a vegetable ash-covered goat cheese that features a smooth ivory body and an appealingly acidulous, semi-strong taste.
- Alexis de Portneuf Saint-Honoré™ triple crème brie is richly flavored with an incredibly smooth texture.
- Alexis de Portneuf Snow Goat’s® Triple Cream Brie is Canada’s first triple crème brie made from a combination of goat’s and cow’s milk. This soft-bodied cheese has a rich and creamy body and a flavorful, ripened surface.
- A Gold winner at the 2011 World Cheese Awards, DuVillage 1860 Moon Dust™ is a delicious triple crème cheese that is coated in ash. Moon Dust features a harmony of delicate acidity that is accentuated with peppery and buttery hints.
- DuVillage 1860 Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska® is a supple, washed-rind cheese with a distinctive full-bodied flavor. It exudes an intense, penetrating aroma that is robust yet clean.
Retailers interested in purchasing the new Nikos, Landana, Alexis de Portneuf and DuVillage 1860 items can contact a DCI sales representative by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.800.782.0741.
About DCI Cheese Company
Richfield, Wisconsin-based DCI Cheese Company has been an innovative leader in the cheese industry since 1975. The company markets and sells a broad range of imported and domestic specialty cheese brands including il Giardino®, Joan of Arc®, King’s Choice®, Nikos®, Organic Creamery® and Salemville®, among others. DCI’s value-added products can be found in restaurants, grocery stores, club stores and specialty shops across the country. For more information on DCI Cheese Company and its portfolio of brands, visit www.dcicheeseco.com.