Makes 6 servings.
- 2 lbs. ground chicken, dark meat or combination of dark and white meat
- 2/3 c. ground chorizo sausage
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled, plus more for topping
- 4 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 c. thinly sliced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, grated
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 c. raspberries
- 1/3 c. raspberry preserves
- 2 tsp. chopped tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2-1/4 c. thinly sliced mixed leafy greens
- 6 brioche or ciabatta rolls, split, lightly toasted
In a large bowl, combine chicken, chorizo, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, blue cheese and parsley. Form into 6 equal-sized patties. Place on a plate; refrigerate 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt butter. Add onions, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until onions begin to soften and brown around edges, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add orange juice and balsamic vinegar. Lower heat; simmer liquid until reduced by about half. Stir in raspberries, raspberry preserves, tarragon and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season with kosher salt to taste. Set aside.
Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan on stovetop to medium-high heat. Spray grill (or grill pan) with nonstick cooking spray. Grill patties, flipping once, 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through and is no longer pink.