Makes 8 servings.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15oz. package)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled cooking apples, such as Braeburn (about 3)
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 4oz. Ilchester® Double Gloucester Cheese, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1 Tbsp. coarse sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 425° F. Place pie crust on ungreased cookie sheet.
Combine granulated sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples, cranberries and cheese; toss gently. Spoon into center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edge of crust. Bring crust edge up over filling to form 2-inch border, folding and overlapping crust as necessary. Brush crust edge with water. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
Bake 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with additional slices of cheese, if desired.