Makes 10-12 servings.
- 4 oz. baby arugula
- 1/2 c. unsalted shelled pistachios*
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 c. oven-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. gemelli pasta, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 c. Aged Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 c. red bell pepper, julienned
- Extra virgin olive oil, optional
Place all pesto ingredients in food processor and pulse until fairly smooth paste forms. Combine pasta with cheese, olives and red pepper in ceramic bowl. Pour pesto over and toss until salad ingredients are evenly coated. For more moist salad, add olive oil as desired. The salad can be served warm or cold. To serve warm, reheat pasta before adding other ingredients.
*If using salted pistachios, cut salt back to 1 teaspoon)