For the Dressing:
- 3 large or 5 medium strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar, plus extra for berry purée
- 1/3 cup fruit-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 Tbsp. sugar
For the Salad:
- 5-6 oz. baby bitter greens mixture (spinach, arugula, mache, watercress) or all spinach
- 1/3 cup remaining strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz. packaged oven-roasted almond slices
- Blue cheese, crumbled and added to taste
To make the dressing whirl the 3 to 5 strawberries in a blender with a dash of Balsamic vinegar until puréed (or mash by hand). In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sugar until well blended. Whisk in pureed berries.
Place greens in salad bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and toss. Add almond slices and blue cheese and lightly toss. Serve immediately.