Makes 4 - 6 Servings.
- 5 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) artichokes packed in water, drained and chopped
- 1/2 c. (2 oz.) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, for garnish
- Water crackers, baguette slices and/or crudités (for dipping)
Preheat oven to 450° F. Roast garlic cloves on a small piece of aluminum foil for 15 to 20 minutes until slightly browned. Mash garlic with a fork and combine with artichokes, cheese, mayonnaise and pepper sauce. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F. Spoon mixture into a shallow baking/serving dish. Arrange olives in the center and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with crackers, bread and/or crudité dippers.