Makes 4–6 servings as a main course or 6–10 servings as a side dish.
Chopped Italian Salad:
- 1/2 c. dry orzo, cooked according to package directions to yield 1 cup pasta and cooled
- 1 small/medium head of radicchio (4 oz.), cut thinly into shreds and chopped
Radicchio can be bitter so use as much or as little as you like.
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, cut into thin shreds and chopped
- 1 medium Roma tomato, cut into small dice
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into small dice
- 14.5 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz. Havarti with Dill cheese, diced into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. white wine or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 c. olive oil
To Prepare Vinaigrette:
In small bowl, mix together vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, dill, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil in a thin stream until smooth. Or, add all ingredients to a Mason jar, firmly close lid and shake well.
To Prepare Salad:
In large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Toss with vinaigrette, to taste. Serve immediately.
Find this recipe and more at LouiseMellor.com !