Makes 4 servings.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, with onions and peppers
- 1-1/2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 oz.) creamed corn
- 2 cups corn, frozen or canned
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Southwestern seasoning
- 8 oz. havarti cheese, sliced
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the hash browns and garlic and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the onions soften and the potatoes start to brown slightly stir often. Add milk and stir until well combined. Add the corn kernels, creamed corn and seasonings; stir well. Bring the soup to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the Havarti cheese slices, one at a time until they are well blended. Ladle into soup bowls or mugs and serve.