Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 cup black vinegar
- 1 cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup chives, minced
- 1/2 cup lemon grass, minced
- 1 lb. blanched and shocked Chinese long beans (or green beans cut into 1/2” pieces)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup scallion greens, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into 1/4” cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mix vinegar, mirin, lime juice, chives and lemon grass set aside. Cook beans in boiling water to al dente then submerge in cold water. Drain. Combine beans with remaining ingredients and mix with dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chilled.