Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 cup soft white beans, cooked (can use canned white beans or garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. roasted red peppers, chopped
Combine the white beans and feta cheese in a food processor. Purée, adding lemon juice and the olive oil slowly until mixture is smooth and creamy. Season with the salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne to taste. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the olives and red peppers. Dust with paprika. Great with chips or pita bread.