Makes 8-10 servings.
- 1 lb. Roquefort cheese (or other strong blue-veined cheese), softened
- 1/2 lb. goat cheese with fig, softened
- 1/2 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. red grapes, sliced
- 1/2 c. dried figs, quartered
Combine the cheeses in a mixer bowl and mix on medium speed until thoroughly incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, slowly incorporate the sliced grapes and dried figs into the mixture. Scoop into a ramekin or bowl and serve with crostini or crackers.
This can be made a day ahead, covered, and refrigerated until serving. It can also be heated gently and served warm.
Eliminate the goat cheese to intensify the flavor of the Roquefort.
Serve in the late summer or early fall with a Cabernet Sauvignon or an IPA.