Makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus additional for baking sheet
- 1 very large eggplant
- 12 slivers garlic
- Salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 8 slices rustic black olive bread
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush baking sheet with olive oil. Set aside.
Wash eggplant and remove stem. Cut eggplant horizontally into 8 slices, approximately 1 inch thick. Place on baking sheet. Press 2 slivers of garlic into each eggplant slice. Salt and pepper slices to taste. Drizzle olive oil over slices. Bake 25 minutes. Keep slices warm.*
Spread hummus, dividing equally, over 4 slices of the bread. Top each with 2 slices of eggplant. Cover with fresh spinach leaves and 2 slices each of tomato. Crumble the Feta over the tomatoes and top each with remaining bread slices.