Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 lb ground lamb or pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. each cumin and oregano
- Pita chips
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) Feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup each tomato, cucumber and kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- Plain yogurt, optional
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In medium skillet, over medium heat, brown meat and garlic, stirring frequently. Add cumin and oregano; mix well. In large oven-safe dish, arrange layer of pita chips. Top with Feta, and bake until warm and soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with mint. Top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.