Makes 16 servings.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 oz. Le Gruyère® Cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
- Breadsticks or French bread slices
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until tender. Add creamed spinach and half-and-half; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until hot. Stir in cheese and sherry, if desired. Cook 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Serve with breadsticks or French bread slices, if desired.