Makes 2 main-dish servings (about 4 cups).
- 1/2 lb. penne
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices (about 4 oz.) mozzarella or provolone cheese, cut into 1/2” strips
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. In large bowl, combine hot pasta and garlic. Mix well to slightly cook the garlic. Add olives, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss together until evenly incorporated. Fold in cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.