Makes 4 servings.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, chopped
- 1 c. vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
Warm a 10-inch noncorrosive sauté pan. Add the butter and melt until lightly brown. Add the onion and garlic; cook until translucent. Add the stock and cook until three-fourths reduced. Add the penne. Toss and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream and the cheese. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice to thin the texture slightly. Season with the pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
Serve with warm, crusty bread and a spinach salad.