- 3/4 cup whole grain honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp. liquid from can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup shallots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 4 boneless pork steaks (about 8 oz. each), preferably flatiron cut
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 1-3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. white distilled vinegar, or to taste
- 8 slider buns, preferably rye
- 2 cups baby arugula
Combine all marinade ingredients. Whisk well to mix. Place steaks in heavy resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
For sauce, sauté shallot and garlic in butter until limp. Add wine and let boil until wine almost totally evaporates. Add cream, cheese, thyme, salt and pepper. Turn heat to low and cook until mixture is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add vinegar to taste. Pour sauce into blender beaker and puree until mixture is smooth. Cool.
Remove steaks from marinade and wipe dry. Grill outdoors or on stovetop until cooked through.
To assemble sliders, cut steaks in half. Place each piece on bottom of bun and top with blue cheese sauce, arugula and bun tops.