Makes 24 Bruschettas.
- 24 slices of ciabatta bread, appx. 1cm thick
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- olive oil
- 15 sundried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 6 oz. smoked Cheddar cheese, cut into 24 slices
- 4 slices of prosciutto, each roughly torn into 3 pieces
- 4 slices of smoked turkey bread, cut into 3 pieces
- Toasted pine nuts, to garnish
- Basil leaves, to garnish
Place the ciabatta slices under a preheated hot grill and toast each side until golden.
Rub one side of each slice with the garlic, then drizzle with a little olive oil.
Assemble the bruschettas first by adding some chopped sundried tomatoes to the toasted ciabatta, followed by a piece of prosciutto or turkey and finally a slice of smoked Cheddar cheese. Place them on baking trays.
When you are ready to serve, place the trays under a hot broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with pine nuts and basil leaves.