Makes 12 servings.
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 allspice berries
- 2 sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 qts. chicken stock
- 1 lb. butter
- 2 oz. (approx. 1/4 c.) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 lbs. fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 20 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and minced
- 2 lbs. Parmesan cheese, finely grated and divided
- Parmesan shavings, optional
- 1 black truffle, thinly sliced*
- 1 c. chives, finely chopped
- 12 sprigs chervil for garnish
Combine cloves, garlic, allspice and parsley in a cheesecloth sachet. Bruise spices and garlic to release flavor. Bring to boil with chicken broth. Boil for one hour, until reduced by half.
Remove herb sachet from broth. Place broth in a blender. Add butter and olive oil. Whip on high for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta al dente in boiling water. Drain. In a sauté pan, heat the pasta and bacon with 1/2 the sauce and 1/2 Parmesan cheese.
Divide the remaining sauce among 12 pasta bowls. Place 1/12 of the pasta-bacon mixture on top of the sauce. If desired, place Parmesan shavings on the sauce. Top each with portion of remaining grated Parmesan cheese, truffle slices, chives and chervil. Serve immediately.
*Or, substitute truffle oil and drizzle over each serving.