Makes 6 servings.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, or as needed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) package fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 c. shredded muenster
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 3/4 c. grated Asiago, divided
- 1 c. tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Preheat the oven to 350° F and brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil. Pace them on a foil lined baking sheet and spread minced garlic over top. Bake for 10 minutes, or until just tender.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, chopped garlic, tomatoes and spinach. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes until fragrant.
In medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup muenster cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Asiago cheese. Set aside.
Place the eggplant slices in a greased 9" x 13" baking dish. Top with the spinach mixture. Spoon the cheese mixture over the spinach, and spread into a thin layer. Pour the pasta sauce over the cheese layer. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Asiago cheese over the top. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until heated through and the eggplant is easily pierced with a fork.