Makes 2 servings.
- 1/2 " slices of French Bûcheron or French fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 " French baguette slices
- 4 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for roasting tomatoes
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls handfuls arugula (or other fresh leafy greens)
Preheat oven to 350º F. Halve cherry tomatoes, place cut side up on a baking sheet, season and drizzle with olive oil and roast for half an hour or until the skins wrinkle. Raise oven to 400º F.
Wash and dry your greens, make the dressing by combining the oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt then toss greens to coat. Divide greens on two plates, add slices of roasted tomato. Toast the slices of baguette, then top each with a slice of goat cheese in a skillet or heavy pan.
Bake until the cheese is warmed through and soft but not collapsing, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, place two cheese croutons directly on the greens and serve!