Amish Gorgonzola Salad Bruschetta
Makes 16 servings.
- 3-1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 oz. gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- Dash hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 8” baguette, sliced into 1/2” rounds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1/4 c. bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/3 c. lettuce, cut chiffonade style
- 4 oz. gorgonzola, crumbled
Add olive oil, garlic, gorgonzola, vinegar, water, sugar and hot sauce in a small blender and pulse until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400° F. Place baguette rounds on parchment covered baking sheet and brush each with olive oil. Bake 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and rub each piece with garlic clove. Place toasts on a serving platter.
Coarsely chop the tomatoes and place in a medium bowl. Add bacon, lettuce and gorgonzola and stir to combine. Top with dressing and stir to combine, adding more as needed to reach the desired consistency.