Bacon Mac & Cheese with Gruyère
Makes 4-6 servings.
- 4 c. (1 qt.) heavy cream
- 4 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. bacon, diced, fried crisp and drained
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni or short hollow pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained, reserving 3 tsp. pasta water
- 2 c. (8 oz.) Gruyère cheese, grated
- Chopped chives for garnish
Place cream in large saucepan with rosemary. Add salt and pepper. Bring to boil and keep at boil until reduced by half (be patient, this takes some time). Stir in bacon and pasta and simmer until hot; add the Gruyère cheese and 3 teaspoons pasta water. Stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve immediately.