Blueberry Cobbler Cheddar & Bacon Grilled Cheese
Yield: 2 Sandwiches
- 4 slices artisan sour dough bread
- 4 Tablespoons of salted butter, softened
- 6 ounces, about 1 full cup, Great Midwest® Blueberry Cobbler Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried or 4 Tablespoons of blueberry fruit spread
- 2 slices thick sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled into large pieces
Heat a large nonstick skillet or a heavy bottomed cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Generously butter one side of each slice of bread.
Sprinkle the unbuttered side of the bread with 1-1/2 ounces of the shredded cheese and then arrange half of the blueberries over the cheese. Sprinkle the bacon and then cover the bacon and blueberries with the other 1-1/2 ounces of cheese (this will glue the sandwich together). Top with the other slice of bread, buttered side out. Each sandwich will have 3 ounces of cheese 1/8 of a cup of blueberries and 1 slice of bacon.
Press the sandwich down and then carefully transfer to the hot skillet.
Cook the sandwich for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
“This Blueberry Cobbler & Bacon Grilled Cheese is that sweet and savory cheesy sandwich you have been dreaming of.” - Chef Louise Mellor, “Geez Louise!”