Blueberry Cobbler Cheddar French Toast
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices of your favorite sandwich bread
- 8 large slices Great Midwest® Blueberry Cobbler Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Wild Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Vermont Maple Syrup
Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. Set aside and prepare sandwiches.
Put together sandwiches with just bread and cheddar cheese. Cut the crusts off.
Heat a skillet with butter and gently dip the sandwiches in the French toast batter. Make sure to coat both sides. Drop into hot skillet and let sear on both sides. Keep warm in the oven until it is time to serve.
To serve, simmer Wild Blueberries and maple syrup in a saucepan for 15 minutes until reduced. Drizzle over warm French toast and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
“The inspiration for this take on a grilled cheese/French Toast was the Great Midwest Blueberry Cobbler Cheddar cheese, packed with sweet blueberries surrounded by the salty cheddar cheese, it was the perfect accent to this recipe.” - Marnely Rodriguez-Murray, Cooking with Books