Cheese Filled Wonton Raviolis
Makes 4 servings.
- 24 cubes (about 1/2 oz. each) muenster cheese
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 Tbsp. fresh herbs, chopped (chives, sage, oregano, thyme or a combination)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut cheese cubes in half and place 4 halves on each of 12 wonton wrappers. Wet the edges of the wrapper with water and place another wrapper on top. Press the edges together with your fingers to seal tightly. Gently drop the raviolis into the boiling water (no more than 4 in a pot at once) and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Lift the raviolis out of the water and place in one layer on a serving plate. Pour water out of pan and in same pan, melt butter stir in herbs, salt and pepper. Cook until butter browns slightly. Drizzle evenly over the raviolis. Garnish with fresh herbs.