Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Makes 8 servings.
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) mild chopped green chiles
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 5 flour tortillas (10")
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drained
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken and onion in butter for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato sauce, chiles, chili powder and cumin. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sour cream, Cheddar cheese and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese. Place one tortilla in casserole dish; cover with 1/5 of the chicken mixture, 1/2 cup corn and 1/4 of the sour cream mixture. Repeat layers three more times. On top of last tortilla, place remaining chicken mixture and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 375° F for 35 minutes until light brown and bubbly.