Crêpes with Wild Mushrooms, Asparagus and Brie
Makes 4 servings.
- 8 crepes (8" diameter)
- 2 small wheels (8 oz. each) Brie cheese, sliced into
- 1/2" wedges
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 lb. sliced wild mushrooms: mixture of crimini, shiitake and portobello
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh tarragon
Fold crepe into quarters. Tuck wedges of Brie between folds. Place on cookie sheet; bake at 375° F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, steam asparagus. In skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Sauté until mushrooms are browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add chicken broth, pepper and salt. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes to develop flavors. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, parsley and tarragon.
To serve, place 2 crepes on individual plates. Arrange asparagus spears on plate; spoon mushroom mixture over crepes.