Fajita Grilled Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. sliced green bell peppers
- 1/4 c. sliced red bell peppers
- 1/4 c. sliced yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 c. sliced red onions
- Sliced Great Midwest® Salsa Jack cheese
- Sliced crusty baguette or other hearty bread
Heat skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil and add bell peppers and onion. Sauté until tender and set aside.
Slice bread and butter on one side. Assemble sandwich with cooked peppers, Salsa Jack cheese and bread. Cook sandwiches in skillet over medium heat until golden brown, flipping once.
“For this grilled cheese, I used a Salsa Jack from Great Midwest. It’s a combination of traditional salsa-inspired ingredients like tomato, onion, chives and jalapeño peppers in a delicious jack cheese. This cheese pairs wonderfully with all types of Mexican inspired dishes.” - Angie McGowan, Eclectic Recipes