Fettuccine with Blue Cheese, Arugula & Crispy Prosciutto
Makes 4 servings.
- 8 oz. whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into 1/4” strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4” pieces
- 1/4 c. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 c. arugula
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta-cooking water; set aside. Drain pasta.
Meanwhile, in large high-sided skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Transfer to small bowl.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and zucchini to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until zucchini is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add walnuts; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add cheese, lemon juice, pepper and pasta-cooking water to skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add arugula, pasta and prosciutto; cook 1 minute or until heated through.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Find this recipe and more at FoxesLoveLemons.com!