Fired Up Tango Mango Cheddar Grilled Cheese
Makes 2 Sandwiches.
- 2/3 c. parsley, roughly chopped
- 2/3 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pimiento, chopped
- 1 garlic. clove, peeled
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. mango, diced
- 1/4 c. fire roasted red peppers, well drained and thinly sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 slices potato bread
- 4 slices deli pork, cooked
- 1 c. Great Midwest® Mango Fire Cheddar cheese, shredded
In a food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, pimiento, garlic, lime juice and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Process until finely chopped. Season with kosher salt to taste. Set aside.
In a large non-stick skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and bring to medium high heat. When hot, add onions. Sauté 4-6 minutes or until tender and edges begin to brown. Add mango and roasted red peppers to skillet; sauté an additional 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium. Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Place 2 slices buttered side down in the same skillet. Top with a layer of chimichurri, pork slices, mango-onion mixture, cheese and drizzle with remaining chimichurri. Top each with one bread slice buttered side up. Grill turning once until cheese has melted and bread is golden. Serve immediately.