German Stuffed Pork Chops
Makes 4 servings.
- 1-1/2 cups muenster cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) apple juice, divided
- 4 pork loin chops with pocket, cut 3/4” thick
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In mixing bowl mix together cheese, crumbs, apricots, celery seed and 1/4 cup apple juice. Stuff pockets of chops; reserving about 3/4-1 cup stuffing. In large skillet melt butter; slowly brown chops. Place celery and carrots in bottom of a buttered 1-1/2 quart casserole with cover; arrange chops over vegetables. Top each chop with 1/4 of remaining stuffing. Pour 1/2 cup apple juice over all. Cover. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes; remove cover and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.