Greek Chicken Flatbread with Fresh Yogurt Sauce
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 c. sweet onions, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 flat breads (6-7" pita, naan or tortillas)
- 1 c. Pepato cheese or Asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. diced black olives
- 1/2 c. diced tomatoes
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. minced mint
- 1/2 c. diced cucumber
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, spices, and salt. Heat the oil in a large skillet; add the chicken mixture and cook over medium-high heat until fully cooked, about 5 to 8 minutes.
To assemble, sprinkle the tops of the flat bread rounds with the Pepato cheese or Asiago cheese; bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Top with the chicken, olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the feta cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until toasted.
For the yogurt sauce, combine the yogurt, mint, and cucumbers; mix well. Serve with the toasted bread.