Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Chicken
Makes 6-8 servings.
- 1 lb. of uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp.italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 c. uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 hot house or 2 persian cucumbers, quartered then thinly chopped
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. country dijon (coarse grain)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl or a ziplock. Toss to coat the chicken evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes while you prepare the pasta. Grill the chicken on an outdoor grill, George Foreman, or in a skillet. Let rest for 5 minutes before dicing.
In a mason jar or 2 cup measuring cup, combine all ingredients. Use a whisk or cap the mason jar and give it a good shake until all ingredients are completely combined.
Find this recipe and more at www.LittleSpiceJar.com!