Greek Pita Pockets
Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 c. Greek-style (thick) unflavored yogurt
- 4 oz. bulk sausage (Greek, lamb or pork)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/3 c. Greek olives, diced
- 3/4 c. wild mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c. fresh baby spinach leaves, packed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 pitas, halved crosswise
- Juice of 1 lemon
In small bowl, stir together yogurt and lemon juice; set aside.
In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, stirring frequently and crumbling for 2 minutes. Add onions, olives and mushrooms; cook 4 minutes more.
Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted and sausage is fully cooked, about 1 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly until almost dry. Remove from heat and stir in feta. Stuff each pita half with feta-egg mixture. Serve immediately with lemon yogurt.
Line pita with additional spinach leaves, if desired.