Greek Turkey Feta Pasta Toss with Buttermilk Dressing
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 c. precooked whole turkey breast, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil, preferably extra virgin
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 c. cooked spiral pasta, such as gemelli or fusilli
- 2 c. fresh spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c. jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 c. cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 c. pitted Kalamata olives, sliced (or ripe olives)
- 1/3 c. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. whipped Cream Cheese from tub, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- Toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
In large serving bowl, combine turkey breast, olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Toss gently to coat and let rest while preparing rest of salad ingredients.
To assemble salad, add pasta, spinach, red peppers, cucumber, olives and crumbled Feta cheese to the turkey in serving bowl. Using salad tongs or two large spoons, toss all ingredients together until well blended.
For dressing, beat Cream cheese with whisk until creamy. Slowly whisk in buttermilk until smooth. Whisk in garlic and lemon pepper.
To serve, divide salad among four serving plates. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Pass dressing to be poured over salads.
Note: Salad and dressing can be served immediately or chilled several hours before serving.