Grilled Blue Cheese & Bacon Sandwich
- 1/2 c. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. cream cheese, softened
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, coarsely ground
- 8 slices (1/2” thick) hearty onion artisan bread
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, cream cheese, scallions and pepper; mix well. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread the cheese mixture on the non-buttered side of 4 slices of bread. Cut bacon slices in half; place 2 halves on top of each cheese-topped slice. Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread, buttered side out.
Place sandwiches on an electric griddle heated to 275° F, or in a preheated skillet over medium heat. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until bread is golden brown, and cheese is melted.