Grilled Cheese with Spinach, Prosciutto & Tomato
Makes 4 Sandwiches.
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. Great Midwest® Morel & Leek Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c. packed baby spinach, finely chopped
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3 oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced and cut in half
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 small basil leaves (optional)
To Prepare Cheese Mixture:
In a food processor combine 1/4 cup butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, cheese, onion and tomatoes. Process until smooth. If cheese mixture it not smooth, add an additional tablespoon of olive oil and process until smooth. Add spinach and pulse until just combined.
To Prepare Sandwiches:
Spread large sheet of waxed paper onto a clean work surface. Spread remaining 1/4 cup butter evenly onto one side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices of bread flat onto waxed paper buttered sides down. Evenly layer the bread with prosciutto slices and smear slices with cheese mixture. Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread buttered side up.
Heat electric. grill or griddle plate to medium-high heat. Spray the grill or griddle plate surface with nonstick cooking spray. Grill both sides of sandwiches about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat, cut sandwiches into halves and serve. Garnish the top or side of each sandwich with 2 basil leaves (optional).