Grilled Chicken with Cheese Sauce
Makes 4 servings.
- 3/4 c. plain yogurt
- 6 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. gorgonzola cheese or blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2” strips
Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. In a small food processor, blend yogurt and cream cheese until smooth. Add gorgonzola or blue cheese, green onion, lemon-pepper and salt. Process just until mixed. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Brush chicken with small amount of melted butter sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and grill 7 to 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. During the last 5 minutes of grilling, brush pepper strips with melted butter grill just until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes). Plate chicken and garnish with grilled peppers serve with cheese sauce.