Grilled Lamb Chops with Feta Salad
Makes 4-6 servings.
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh mint leaves, torn and loosely packed
- 1 c. (about 6 oz.) feta cheese, crumbled
- 12-16 domestic lamb chops, frenched*
- Additional extra virgin olive oil for drizzling over dish
Prepare outside grill for cooking, if using. Place garlic in mixing bowl with large pinch of salt. Add vinegar; mix and slowly whisk in olive oil. Add all remaining ingredients, except lamb, and toss. Season lamb chops liberally to your liking and grill outside or on stovetop to desired doneness and place chops on platter. Top with salad. Drizzle with additional olive oil.
*For “frenching,” have butcher cut meat away from end of chop so part of bone is exposed. You may also roast or grill 2 racks of lamb and cut into chops.