Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 4 Sandwiches.
- 2 c. Great Midwest® Naturally Smoked Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 c. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic. powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 slices Texas Toast bread
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
To Make Pimento Cheese:
In a large bowl, mix together cheese, mayonnaise, bell pepper, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, sriracha chili sauce, garlic. powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper until well combined. Refrigerate 2 hours to thoroughly combine flavors. (Makes about 2 cups. Pimiento cheese can be stored in refrigerator up to one week.)
To Make Sandwiches:
Bring pimento cheese to room temperature.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Flip 4 slices over and spread the pimiento cheese on each of slice. Top each with another slice of bread and place into pre-heated skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn sandwiches and cook 3 to 4 minutes until second side is crispy and golden brown and cheese has melted. Remove from heat and serve.