Italian Sausage Artichoke Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) ground Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 16-oz. package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 c. dry vermouth
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 c. oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 12 oz. (about 3 c.) short whole wheat pasta, such as penne or farfalle
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. basil, chopped
- 1/2 c. parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat oil in heavy, large and deep skillet over medium-high. Add sausage and brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl; drain fat from skillet. Add artichokes and garlic to same skillet. Sauté over medium heat until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Add vermouth, 1-1/2 cups of broth and sundried tomatoes. Bring to boil over medium-high. Mix remaining 1/2 cup of broth with cornstarch; stir into mixture and cook until sauce is slightly reduced, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Drain. Add pasta, sausage, cheese, basil and parsley to artichoke mixture. Toss until sauce is almost absorbed by pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.