Lemon Mascarpone Tiramisu
Makes 6-8 servings.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup cream sherry or 1-1/2 tsp. sherry extract, optional
- 2 3 oz. packages soft ladyfingers
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) il Giardino® Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10-11-1/4 oz.) lemon curd
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt, preferably whole milk
Combine lemon juice and 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in small bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add sherry, if desired. Reserve three (doubled) lady fingers for garnish. Brush bottom of 8 inch square glass dish lightly with lemon juice mixture; place one layer of split ladyfingers, cut side up, over bottom of dish. Brush with half of lemon juice mixture.
In large mixer bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in 1/4 cup of remaining confectioners' sugar; set aside. Place cheese in mixer bowl, stir until softened. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Beat just until light and fluffy. Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture with rubber spatula; set aside. Beat lemon curd and yogurt on medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Spread half of lemon curd mixture over ladyfingers; top with half of cheese mixture. Place another layer of ladyfingers, cut side up over cheese mixture. Brush with remaining lemon juice mixture. Layer with remaining lemon curd and cheese mixtures. Place reserved ladyfingers in food processor or blender; process to fine crumbs and sprinkle over tiramisu. Cover and chill at least 6 hours.