Peach Glazed Chicken Thighs with Blueberry, Peach & Blue Cheese Slaw
Makes 4-6 servings.
- 4 c. shredded coleslaw mix (combination of red and green cabbage)
- 2 peaches, sliced into thin wedges
- 1-1/4 c. blueberries
- 2/3 c. whole sweet corn kernels (fresh or from a can, well drained)
- 1/3 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 c. aged blue cheese or gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 c. olive oil or light olive oil
- 1/4 c. white balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 6 chicken thighs, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 1 c. peach preserves
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 c. smoked blue cheese, crumbled
In a large bowl, add coleslaw, peaches, blueberries, corn, onion, basil, aged blue cheese and almonds; toss to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar and pinch of kosher salt. Drizzle over slaw mixture and toss to coat; set aside.
Preheat grill or grill pan on stovetop to medium-high heat. Lightly grease grill. Season chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Grill chicken, flipping once, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat; set aside.
During final minutes of grilling, in a small bowl, stir together peach preserves, brown mustard and 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar. Brush glaze over both sides of chicken. Transfer chicken to a large platter to rest; brush with any remaining glaze.